There are many ways to get involved with SFFC:
- Host Family: Host families take children into their home on a voluntary, temporary basis while a family is working through a difficult life circumstance. If you are interested in becoming a host family, please submit an application in the volunteer applications section to begin the authorization process.
- Volunteer Family Coach: We are always in need of more coaches who can support the host family and child in placement, help resource the placing parent, and facilitate family visits. Complete the application in the volunteer applications section to get started!
- Participating, Lead, and Community Lead Church: If you attend a church who you believe would fit into the vision and mission of SFFC, please connect us to your pastor or appropriate staff person!
- Resource Closet: We have a regional resource closet located at the Rockford office. We store gently used children’s clothing, diapers, wipes, and baby equipment so that our host families have resources when they take in a child. Any donations would be helpful.
- Financial Supporter: We are privately funded and rely on churches and individuals to support this ministry. You can make a one time donation or a monthly payment by choosing the donate now option at the bottom of this page. Be sure to select the Rockford office!
Please contact our local office if you are interested in becoming a part of the SFFC movement.